PDSF Network presents…
Dance for PD®
A movement class for people with Parkinson’s Disease, their friends, family, and caregivers.
Information about the class:
Our classes are based on the innovative Dance for PD® program designed by the Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group. Using this method, professional dancers draw on their unique expertise to help people with Parkinson’s Disease and their caregivers engage sight, sound, touch, thought, and imagination to bring control to their movements. Dancing in chairs, at a barre, or standing, experienced Bay Area teaching artists will lead participants in an enjoyable blend of modern dance, ballet, tap, jazz, and social dancing. While strengthening, balancing, and moving in rhythm to live music, people with PD also experience the power of dance and music to sharpen attention, inspire, and empower.
San Francisco Class Locations:
- The Sequoias 12:30-1:45 (every Thursday)
1400 Geary Blvd. between Laguna and Gough
- Joe Goode Annex Noon-1:15 (two Sundays per month)
401 Alabama Street (at 17th Street)
Check our current calendar for details.
What you should know:
- These classes are appropriate for anyone with Parkinson’s Disease, no matter how advanced.
- No dance experience or special equipmet is required.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to sign in.
- A class fee of $15 is suggested. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Visit us on Facebook: facebook.com/danceforpdsf